check out my courses at:
Job Title: Cyber Security Engineer
Location: Anaheim ,CA
Duration: Long Term Contract
Relevant Experience: 8+ Years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluates current systems environments, conducts research, recommends, and implements innovative systems technology that can enhance the reliability, security with emphasis on cyber security technology, productivity, and agility of the IT infrastructure
• Identifies assets and assesses risks, threats, and vulnerabilities of the IT assets in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, non-repudiation and contract compliance.
• Identifies and recommends cyber strategies for technology development based on stakeholder requirements
• Drives security reviews, identifies gaps in security architecture and designs and recommends necessary security controls to be integrated within the development lifecycle
• Owns and documents the implementation of the security controls and creates auditable evidence of security measures
• Develops and recommends security controls, identifies key security objectives to maximize software and system security while minimizing disruption to plans and schedules
• Leads translation of security controls into technical specifications and guidance to stakeholders to ensure common understanding across the stakeholders and enable adequate implementation
• Actively recommends engineering solutions in collaboration with application owners to remediate inherent cyber security risks
• Leads the collection and analysis of benchmarks and metrics for the department to drive continuous improvement
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization, configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
• Install new and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
Essential Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 6+ years of Information Technology experience, with at least 3 years of experience in information security working within security operations
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or equivalent
• Mastery of Cybersecurity best practices and standards (e.g. NIST, ISO, etc.)
• Mastery of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies
• Mastery of cloud security concepts, including experience with public cloud (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.) and implementation experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Significant experience performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources, to include individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, or intrusion prevention logs
• Experience monitoring threats via a SIEM console
• Deep knowledge of diverse operating systems, networking protocols, and systems administration
• Knowledge of Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
• Knowledge of Antivirus Systems
• Knowledge of commercial forensic tools
• Knowledge of common indicators of compromise and of methods for detecting these incidents
• Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking and knowledge of the OSI model
• Knowledge of OS management and Network Devices
• Solid working knowledge of SAN and NAS technology and VMWare
• Experience with Window systems administration – Domain Controllers, Active Directory, Sites and Services, File Server, GPO, DNS, SMTP, IIS etc.
• Experience with Power shell scripting
• Experience with SQL Server, Windows Virtualizations & Linux servers
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills – ability to de-construct problems
Thanks & Regards
Direct Line: 630-300-3850
Oloop Technologies | Aurora, IL
Cyber Security Engineer
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.