Cyber Threat Analyst I (58054-1)
NEWARK, Delaware 19711
US citizen and GC only.
****SHIFT WORK – ONLY THOSE CANDIDATES REPLY WHO ARE INTERESTED IN 12-hour Shift work on the AM shift from 1AM-1PM on a 2-3-2 (Every other weekend off) schedule *****
- TAC Information Security Analyst (Must be a US Citizen)
The Tier I Information Security Analyst is responsible for executing day-to-day tasks in the Security Operations Center 24×7. These tasks include: answering the NASS security support hotline, monitoring the NASS security support mailbox, creating tickets for client requests, monitoring and responding to Instant Messaging applications, and executing a variety of scripted actions on timed intervals. This position will also act as Tier I support for several endpoint services.
- Eyes on glass monitoring and resolution of security incidents within established customer Service Level Agreements.
- Perform daily operational ‘eyes on glass’ real-time monitoring and analysis of security events from multiple sources including but not limited to events from Security Information Monitoring tools, network and host based intrusion detection systems, firewall logs, system logs (Unix & Windows), mainframes, midrange, applications and databases.
- Monitors and analyzes attempted efforts to compromise security protocols.
- Identifies and investigates activities and conducts and provides analyses regarding results.
- Escalates issues to higher level associates.
- Reviews computer logs and messages to identify and report possible violations of security.
- Coordinates, documents, and reports on internal investigations of security violations.
- Interacts with customers to understand their security needs; assists in the development and implementation of procedures to accommodate them.
- Writes security status reports to provide system status, report potential and actual security violations and provide procedural recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Information Security is required.
- Zero or more years of experience in information systems security.
- Experience working with operating systems.
- Experience working with domain structures and digital signatures.
- Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Communication skills to interact with team members, management, and support personnel.
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of security systems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.