Title: Network Security Engineer
Location: Raleigh, NC
Duration: 6+Months Contract
Senior knowledge with broad experience; responsible for protecting the client’s global assets and interests which include systems, software, networks, computational elements and data through deep knowledge of network and communication channels. Responsible to bring industry best methods and practices concerning perimeter defenses around organizational assets and to also bring knowledge of perimeter security around extracting unauthorized withdrawals of corporate information or data. Deep network engineering skills and an understanding of the protocols throughout the OSI seven layer stack are required of this position.
- 6+ years’ experience in Security Incident response and investigation.
- 6+ years’ experience in analyzing security logs generated by Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), firewalls, network flow systems, Anti-Virus, and/or other security products
- Ability to identify, recognize, respond and troubleshoot security issues in a timely manner, including experience performing malware analysis
- Experience tracking source and destination IPs used during suspected malicious communication activities
- Experience performing security analysis utilizing SIEM technologies.
- Experience performing analysis utilizing IDS consoles
- Experience monitoring daily security reports and develops new reports as needed by security, management, and auditors.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, self-motivated, results-driven and well organized.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Certified in one of the following:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
- Certified Security Analyst (CSA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- BS degree or higher from an accredited college or university in Software Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a similar technical discipline
Thanks & Regards
HUB Zone, SDB, MBE Certified
An ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 27001:2005 Certified