Strivector is a recruitment and staffing agency. We work with some of the leading, fastest growing companies in the United States. Our clients are growing so fast that they can’t hire good people fast enough to keep up with their growth. So we help them. We reach out to awesome talented individuals like you and connect them to their dream companies and dream jobs.
If you’re the best, and you are looking for something better, let’s talk. 😀
Take your career up a few notches with this award winning, rapidly growing startup that provides a next generation hyperlocal intelligence platform. This young company is already a runaway success in their domain. They are the platform of choice for 13 of the 15 most advertised US brands.
Our client is looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for deploying, managing, and ensuring stability of the local/wide area network infrastructure technologies to provide high availability, fault tolerance, and scalability to effectively and efficiently support mission critical business systems.
In this role of a Network Engineer, your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Monitor/ maintain performance & capacity for our 7 global data centers and 9 corporate offices to ensure maximum efficiency and operational uptime
- Work with vendors and cross-functional teams for on-going design efforts and systems support
- Troubleshoot and resolve service level and/or critical and system related issues
- Document projects including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with the highest level of quality, on time and within budget
- Will participate in an on-call/standby rotation and is expected to respond after hours for service restoration, troubleshooting and/or repair of all necessary equipment
- Test and validate all new hardware, software and connections for proper configuration and performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all networking equipment such as software and equipment upgrades and assist with such maintenance
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal Network Engineer must demonstrate a high level of competence in LAN/WAN technologies, routing and switching platforms, troubleshooting critical issues, and coordination of implementation and be able to performs moves, adds and changes of equipment and systems specifically following the company change management policies. The Network Engineer would be someone with deep experience in many (if not all) of the following:
- A minimum of 5 years of data network operations and support experience
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switches (5548/5596, 3016 & 3064) and ASAs (5515 through 5585)
- Hands on experience with BigIPs (5050s through Viprion)
- Familiar with Broadcom MLXE routers and Sonicwall (NSA 4500 to 6600)
- Experience in lab-testing, certification of configurations, and validation testing
- Experience managing complex technical projects
- Telecom experience (6M to 10G Internet circuits)
- Strong Unix/Linux skills and the ability to script in Perl or other code base preferred
- International deployments and working with international team members
- Cisco Access Points and controllers
- Cisco WAS or Riverbed WAN accelerators a plus
- Industry recognized network certifications is preferred but not required (CCNP, CCIE, CISSP and/or CISA/CISM)
We understand that even if you are a seasoned Network Engineer you may not have all the skills listed here. If you are a good at what you do and have a willingness to learn, let’s talk.
Compensation: Based on Experience. One of the best in the industry
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate in Computer Science or Engineering
Minimum Experience: 5+ Years of Network Engineer Experience
Type of position: Full time Permanent Position with benefits
Location: Austin, TX
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.