for Vortechx Applied Technologies, LLC in Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613
Roles and responsibilities
As a Systems Engineer – Senior, you will provide services in support of the NETCOM, ACofS, G-3 with technical integration, design and planning support to define and manage Global Ticketing Consolidation (GTC) Bridge to Enterprise Service Management System as a Service (ESMSaaS) BMC Remedy/ITSM 8.x deployment throughout the Army-managed environments consisting of the theater and functional organizations operating within the Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (NIPRNET) and Secure Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET).
As a Systems Engineer – Senior you will perform a broad range of engineering functions ranging from Windows and Linux OS support to Active Directive Directory and DNS to Out of Band Management (OOBM) and Identity and Access Management (IdAM) services. Additionally our Deployment Engineers will provide infrastructure support related VMware vSphere ESXi 5.x, PKI, Cisco Routing, and F5 Load Balancers among others.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
o Support the Gov. in the strategic planning, execution, and management for the design, build and deployment of BMC/Remedy ITSM 8.1 x applications built on VMware, MS Server and SQL, integrated in to Army NIPR & SIPR, including IAVM functions (vulnerability scanning/patching)
o Provide engineering support for network infrastructure such as proxies, load balancers, encryption, remote access servers (terminal servers/Citrix servers), Remote client access, Network Admission Control (NAC), VPNs, SSL accelerators, WAN optimizers, DHCP controllers, and performance analyzers)
o Analyze engineering data to support network performance, security, and capacity planning in accordance with Army regulations, directives, and policies.
o Evaluate and provide recommendations for current/emerging technologies and methodologies to ensure Army Enterprise standards are maintained.
o Perform engineering in a Government lab to support the testing, evaluation, installation, and integration of s/w and h/w into the enterprise
o Coordinate and support the execution of site surveys, gap identification, pilots, and deployments.
o Provide design and implementation support for migration of operational organizations identified by NETCOM to the Enterprise system.
o Conduct Information Assurance and Vulnerability Management functions (to include vulnerability scanning and patching) related the Remedy ITSM 8.1 integrated system.
o Support the development and coordination of guidance and plans, to include operational mission needs, functional priorities, architecture considerations, implementation, and acceptance for assigned CMDB/SS applications.
o Coordinate, Review and maintain documentation, to include System Design Plan; Engineering Implementation Plan; Migration Plan; Engineering Change Proposals; Implementation Support Plan; System Integration Test/System Integration Plan; CM Plans; DIACAP package; Change and Release Plans.
o Provide Development Lab maintenance and confirmation management, developing and executing processes that ensures security, accessibility, data integrity, recoverability and sustainability.
o Support the development of integrations with capabilities/tools suites to include: System Center Configuration Manager; System Center Operations Manager; ArcSight; CA-Spectrum capability management and engineering staff; Out of Band Management; Identity and Access Management; Identity Synchronization Service/ IdSS Machine Interface.
Job Type Full time
Location Ft. Huachuca, AZ
* Current Active Secret Security Clearance and or the ability to obtain one; IT Level I and SSBI in accordance with AR 25-2.
* Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years practical experience; or 12+ years of practical experience or 8+ years in Server Administration (Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Windows Server (minimum 2008) or Red Hat Linux OS.
* IAT Level III certified as specified in DOD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002 (CISA, GCIH, GCED, CISSP, CASP IA Certifications).
* Working knowledge of operating systems (Linux, Microsoft, Cisco Internet Operating system (IOS), Juniper Operating System (JUNOS)), screen OS, data packet routing, switching, proxy services, and engineering for IP data networks.
* Ability to obtain the Microsoft Certified Associate (MCSA or higher; or Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCSA) or higher; or VMWare ESX 5.x or ESXi 5.X or higher; or CCNA or equivalent Computing Environment (CE) certification within six months of start date.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Three to five years of experience in implementation and sustainment of NetOps capabilities across all operational and strategic echelons in the Land Warrior Network (LWN) to include Joint components in support of the Army’s GNE/NSC.
* Three to Five years of working experience in the following areas listed below: BMC Remedy/ITSM (minimum 7.6); Microsoft Windows Server (minimum 2008); Active Directory; Public Key Infrastructure (PKI); SQL (minimum 2008); VMware vSphere ESXi 5.x – (Networking, virtual switches and virtual distributed switches); vCenter Server 5.x; VMware vSphere Storage Appliance (VSA); CISCO Routing (fundamental understanding TCP/IP topology, layer 3 routing, VLAN); SAN knowledge – (Fibre channel, iSCSI, NFS); Microsoft Office, especially Project and Visio.
* Have experience in all aspects of the Information Technology (IT) DMZ security and security-in-depth applications for firewalls (Juniper and Cisco), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) (Juniper and/or Cisco), proxy servers (BlueCoat), intrusion detection/prevention (Internet Security Systems (ISS) and/or McAfee), network traffic analyzers (NetScout and/or WireShark) routers (Cisco and/or Juniper), switches (Cisco and/or Juniper), and network segmentation and containment applications using routing, virtual local area network (VLAN), and other related methods.
* Knowledge of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), and hardening using DISA Benchmark, which is an automated STIG in conjunction with an SCAP compliant tool to provide automated compliance reporting for the STIG.
* Operational and integration knowledge across the following or similar technologies: System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) (minimum 2007); System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) (minimum 2007); ArcSight; CA Spectrum Product Family (minimum 9.2); Out of Band Management (OOBM); Identity and Access Management (IdAM); Identity Synchronization Service (IdSS)/ IdSS Machine Interface (IdMI); and AVNET/Seamless Connectors
Work experience 4+
Upper salary range $140,000 – $150,000
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.