System Engineer IV – Field Technician position must have the following experience or credentials:
- Knowledge and skill (please specify in Offer)
- Understand architecture technology and product requirements.
- Have demonstrated experience and knowledge in set-up and configuration.
- Familiar with industry standards and vendor specifications.
- Take direction from the ETS Technical Leads.
- Participate in planning and review sessions when designated.
- Attend scheduled team meetings
one or more aspects of the Project, including pre-migration analysis of the existing server configurations, developing configuration files for the replacement servers, technical support of on-site technicians during the equipment replacement. Steps will include configure, deliver, install, migrate and replace approximately 100 servers located in approximately 100 state agency offices. Pre-Migration work will typically be performed during normal business hours, however the actual server migration support and installation roles would include after-hours, and weekend work
General Skills and Knowledge:
• Solid understanding of VMware including V2V and P2V
• Strong troubleshooting skills in server and network
• Must have Customer Service skills and experience
• Ability to communicate directions clearly and effectively
• Must be able to lift 50 plus pounds
• Valid Driver’s license, must provide own vehicle and insurance (mileage will be reimbursed)
Specific Skills and Knowledge:
• In-depth knowledge/experience of how to configure Windows Servers.
• Ability to build a VMware Host,
• Specific knowledge/experience VMware, Microsoft products including Windows and network
• Specific knowledge/experience with HP server hardware
• Ability to troubleshoot connectivity and configuration issues remotely
• A+ Certification, Server + Certification, Network + Certification, Microsoft Certified? At least 2 years working experience with VMware and at least 4 years of Microsoft Windows experience
Skills and Attributes:-
The successful Contractor’s Key Person(s) and any other staff delivering services under the Work Order Contract must demonstrate the following attributesand skills throughout the course of performance:
- Communication: Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required. Contractor shall effectively communicate with agencystakeholders that have a variety of different skill sets and personalities, including technical, business, and management staff.
- Risk management: Contractor shall be proactive in gathering information, identifying issues and recommending solutions so that the Projectcontinues to move forward quickly.
- Technical knowledge: Contractor must have sufficient technical knowledge to understand and help resolve technical issues.
- Organization: Contractor shall organize and manage tasks for the Project.
This opportunity is for a System Engineer IV Authorized Agency is seeking a Contractor with senior experience level individuals to provide staff augmentation to support a large-scale replacement of servers installed in the offices of State agencies throughout Oregon (“Project”). This expected duration of this project is about six months.
Contracted services will provide support to one or more aspects of the Project, including pre-migration analysis of the existing server configurations, developing configuration files for the replacement servers, technical support of on-site technicians during the equipment replacement. Steps will include configure, deliver, install, migrate and replace approximately 100 servers located in approximately 100 state agency offices.
Skill Set requirements include but are not limited to. Responsible for the planning and engineering of an organization’s systems infrastructure. Includes the implementation and design of hardware and software. Monitors the performance of systems. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and at least 6 years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Works under general supervision. May lead and direct the work of Contractor staff. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Thanks & Regards
908-765-0003 Ext : 308