STIG Update – STIG Viewer Version 2.9
DISA has released STIG Viewer Version 2.9. This latest version of STIG Viewer is available at https://iase.disa.mil/stigs/Pages/index.aspx.
Updates in Version 2.9 include the following additions:
– NIST SP 800-53 revision 4 control IDs to CSV exports of STIGs and Checklists
– Status to Checklist filters.
– Ability to create filtered Checklists from STIG filter results.
– Ability to filter on STIG names to the top of the STIGs list
– FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) to Checklist CSV export.
For all STIG related questions, please contact the DISA STIG Customer Support Desk: email@example.com
When adding/updating ‘Finding Details’ or ‘Comments’ for any given vulnerability within a checklist in STIG Viewer, you must leave the control, by clicking or tabbing out, in order for the information to save (the event handler raises when focus is lost from the control). While this is functioning as expected, we realize this is not necessarily intuitive to the user, and we will correct it in the next update (version 2.3) of the tool.
Additionally the hot-key for saving the checklist (Ctrl+S) is not currently present, but will be added in the next update as well. Please use the menu selection to save until the next release.
A STIG Viewer User’s Guide has been posted to http://iase.disa.mil/stigs/Pages/stig-viewing-guidance.aspx.